Saturday, August 31, 2013

Poem 42 : Not just yet

Withered autumn leaves
Flew past me
On a dry dusty morning,
I was lost in thoughts.

I couldn’t move,
I couldn’t come out
Of these thoughts,
Which strained my innerself.

Why would we have
to come here just
To hate, to create
these non-existent lines.

Why would we have
To pray, to believe
In something better
When it just meant nothing.

Why would we be
gifted with life when
All we would do
was to destroy it one day.

Why would anything
Be so beautiful
Inside, in thoughts,
In stories, in dreams
When all the reality is cruel.

Why we strive hard
to make a hut
When the storm
would just blow it away.

Why is it always
We end up in
rubble after all
the palaces we build.

Why there has to be
colors, why there has to
be diversity, when all
would end up in red.

Why do you feed
us with berries
When we would
all end up in mud.

Why do you let
us think,why did
You create when all
you meant was to destroy.

Why have you left us
In dark, why do you
roam around unseen,
Why do you hide?

Why can only we
speak, and only
speak violence
When all others die in silence.

Why have kept the
silent ones always thinking
When they are not
speaking anyway.

Are we just walking with
the hope of light
At the end of tunnel,
Will we ever come out?

I may pray
When I am weak,
When I am tired,
But I will not break.

I will dig through,
I will find a way out,
I have not given up,
Not when I come this far.


-          Shashank K D (19-08-2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment